How are you all doing?
So as you know I had been doing so well in the gym and dealing with my fibromyalgia and I genuinely thought I had nearly figured it out. I thought I was getting closer to figuring out exactly what needed to be done to live a happy life with fibromyalgia… Oh how I was wrong!
So a few weeks of greatest go by and then one day BOOM my shoulder and neck are in bits. Pain in my shoulder blade going down my arm and not only is it my left arm which was the one that always had the pain but my right arm was feeling left out and decided to join in. My neck is killing me and I’m getting savage headaches and all I want to do is punch a wall and cry. This is where meditation and breathing comes in.
Meditation can be a life saver. Just before you’re going to freak out…take a minute and realise how you’re feeling and then breathe. It does pass. ❤ ❤
Here are a few things I find help me when I feel like I want to scream the house down due to my fibromyalgia body pain or PMS or both at the same time which is always a nightmare!
- Realise how you are feeling and except it
- Say to yourself….Ok, this is going to pass, in 10 minutes time I will feel different so just breathe through it.
- Meditation. For me meditation works a treat. I use an app on my iPhone. Put your earphones on and press play for as long as you think you’ll need it. 10 minutes to stop a melt down I find is good but the longer the better so if you need longer just do it.
- Go out for a short or long walk but just get out into the air and breathe
- Go to the gym or do some form of exercise where you sweat the anger out of you. Honestly after a good workout sweat session you will feel 100 times better.
- Have a cuppa….I always find that sitting down and having a cup of tea in peace can do me the world of good.
- I listen to audio books and dramatizations all the time so if im feeling rough I just pop one on and relax for 15 minutes.
So those are a few things that I find really help me and prevent me from having a melt down! ❤ Depending on the day as to which ones I do but honestly I find they all help.
One more thing, don’t be so hard on yourself…
Lots of Love